Activity: UX Design with Susan Simkins from Big Wing Media
Description of Activity: Donuts and Demo Presentation
Date(s) of Activity (also include times): October 14, 2017 @ 10am
- Why did you select this activity? I am very interested in the field of UX Design.
- Would you recommend this activity for other students? Why or why not? I thought this was a fascinating talk, not just about UX but about the changing concepts within the tech field. Careers are constantly changing and evolving as new expectations and demands are being made.
- What did you like best about this activity? I enjoyed learning about the different resources to check out if one is interested in pursuing a career in this field. And learning about Atomic Design which was a great new discovery for me!
- What did you like least about this activity? How would you make the activity better? I thought it was a great presentation! I would have liked if it lasted longer with more explanation of the day-to-day.
- What is a creative idea/concept you can take away from this experience and possibly implement into your work? I plan on going through all the resources she listed and delving deeper into UX. It’s such a new and evolving field that I can’t wait to see what happens next, especially in OKC!
UX Team of One by Leah Buley
Just Enough Research by Erika Hall
Observing the User Experience
Interaction Design Foundation
YouTube (Research sources)